Trusted Trader is open to all Australian businesses whether they are large or small.
If your business has been active in the international supply chain for two years or more and meets the eligibility requirements, you can join an increasing number of Australian exporters who are accessing the benefits of Australian Trusted Trader.
- Faster access to international markets;
- Saving time and money on Customs processes – Priority Trade Services when requesting duty drawbacks and refunds (importers), and advanced rulings on tariff, valuation and origin (exporters) though the National Trade Advice Centre
- A dedicated Australian Border Force Account Manager who can provide you with information and assistance with Customs related issues;
- Mutual recognition arrangements which provide exporters differentiated treatment at international borders with China, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada and Hong Kong;
- use of the ATT logo which is also recognised by international customs administrations;
- a monthly report on all goods imported and exported under the business’ ABN;
- a seat at the table for you to help develop the Australian Trusted Trader program and the future of Australian trade;
- streamlined processes to become an Accredited Sponsor under the Accredited Temporary Skills Shortage visa program.
If your business is importing supplies or equipment, the benefits increase.
The accreditation process is free using an online application form.
An onsite visit of your premises will be conducted to review the supply chain controls that are in place and it is an opportunity to work together to identify any improvements that may enhance supply chain security.
Following an assessment of your application and the onsite validation, your business may be offered ATT accreditation where you then enter into a formal agreement with the Australian Border Force.
For international trade and investment assistance contact the TCCI’s TradeStart Adviser, Sally Chandler, at email@example.com or phone 1300 559 122.